November 29, 2010

The Waiting Game

I don't know when the waiting began. It was probably a month after the wedding...when I anxiously waited for my period to arrive (or rather wishing it didn't). That quickly became a monthly ritual. I waited for my period, and when it didn't come I waited for it to be late... When it finally arrived I waited for it to end... Then I waited for the ovulation signs to show up so that the deed can be timed to maximize our chances. And that leads to a two-week wait for Ms. P. to visit and again wishing she wouldn't.



12 months of playing this game, we decided it was time to see a specialist. And the waiting begins again...

Waiting for our appointments.
Waiting for our tests to be over.
Waiting for the results.
Waiting for whatever is coming next.

I guess what we're really waiting for is a miracle... And we're learning that miracles don't come easy.


No comments: