I cried a little. I admit that much. I hugged my mom and wished her a happy mother's day and she said "you too" and I know she wants it for me too. A random text message from an unknown number wished me a happy mama's day and it reduced me to a teary eyed mess. I couldn't help it. It just striked a nerve.
But it's my mom's day so I bought her a slice of her favorite cake (she's on a diet), prayed for her well being and thanked her for everything she has given me.
In the evening Hubs went out for football and I was left with one of his friend's wife (also my friend) and their children- my favorite pair of twins.
I'm especially smitten by the younger twin. He's had my heart since he was a baby. They're 4 now and I love them even more. Last week the younger twin fell asleep cuddled in my arms and every motherly instinct kicked in me like never before. It's almost like falling in love. I was ecstatic.
Today, he kissed me several times and my heart just melted. Once, he put ice cream on his lips and kissed mine. Ohhhh... How could I not fall in love?
And it got me thinking... I've never loved a child like this... I've never cared about a child this much... I wonder what it'll be like to have my own... To care for my own... To love my own?
I've never wanted a kid as much as I did today...when that four year old held my cheeks and kissed me.
1 comment:
Your time will come. And I'm pretty sure the lucky kid will be showered with all the love in the world by you and your Hubster.
People plan but Allah's plan is the best for us. Just don't give up on Him and his plans :)
Post a Comment