May 6, 2011

The Scan

It turned out to be a vaginal scan. That itself was a horrifying experience. I don't like having plastic penis-like camera devices going up my vajayjay... Even if it did wear a condom. Yes, I know you're secretly exploding with laughter, but I was already apprehensive at the sight of it.

There I was feeling like a nervous wreck in the waiting room for what I thought would be a regular ultrasound. I thought I'll have some funny liquid on my tummy and a cold tingling sensation as the doctor scans it...but oh boy was I mistaken!

The doctor thankfully was very gentle, so at most, I felt a mild discomfort. I think the HSG scan I had a few months back was much worse.

Anyways, the doctor started off with some good news. My uterus appears to be in excellent condition and was ready to receive the ovum. She showed me three lines on my uterus which indicated this.

Then she looked at my right ovary. Take note that my left tube is blocked, so Righty needs to ovulate if we want Hubs' swimmers to get to an egg. She looked at the follicle and it was small... a sign that Righty won't be releasing any eggs for this cycle.

The doctor moved on to Lefty and lo and behold... Lefty's follicle was huge and ready for ovulation.

Irony? Huh. More like tragedy!

I'll write again when I'm less emotional. I'm on a roller coaster of emotions right now going from sadness to anger to a deep sense of hopelessness.

So yeah. No babester this month. Later.




1 comment:

Yaya said...

feel u babe..don't give up okay! insyaAllah one day..